Property Owners & Landlord Insurance
As the proprietor of premises for rent, be it to residential or business tenants, you will need specific insurance that will keep you well protected in today’s compensation culture. Many types of insurance products are available for you to cover your property from natural disasters, fire, arson, accidental damage and malicious damage by problem tenants.
The two must have insurance covers for landlords would be;-
Buildings insurance: this covers your property against all insurable risks, ensuring you are reimbursed for the cost of clearing the site in the event of a catastrophe, for any professional fees and, vitally, for the full replacement cost. It is crucial not to under-insure your buildings.
Contents insurance: this covers any valuables, furniture or other specified items within the premises, as well as the contents of communal areas if the property is shared by more than one tenant. Some insurers will include a certain level of contents insurance with buildings cover.
It is wise to also consider landlord liability, emergency assistance and a rental payment default cover. Check the details of the buildings and contents insurance you are purchasing, some insurers will include elements of these. Always check all the inclusions and exclusions of a particular policy you are looking at purchasing.
Typical features of our Property Owners & Landlords Insurance include;-
- Full All Risks Cover on Buildings (including cover for out buildings, fences, paths, landscaped gardens and car parks)
- Landlords contents including communal areas
- Loss of Rent & Alternative Accommodation expenses
- Public/Property Owner’s and Employer’s Liability
- All types of tenants catered for
- Cover for loss of metered water
- Damage to fixed glass and sanitary ware
- Trace and Access
- Loss of keys
- Day 1 uplift or index linked sums insured
- Contents of communal areas
- Lessee’s fixtures & improvements
- Terrorism cover
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Legal Expenses Insurance
- Contractors All Risks and Contractors Works Insurance
- Environmental Impairment Liability
- Statutory Engineering Inspection and Insurance for lifts
- Health and Safety and Risk Assessment advice and guidance.
- Qualified in-house Loss Adjusters for Claims Management
- In-house Risk Management experts
- Legal Expenses
- Tenant default cover
- Emergency assistance
- Direct Debit monthly payment plans available
- No Claims Discount