Shop Insurance Package
Shop insurance or retail insurance is a requirement to keep you, your business and any employees you may have protected. As a business owner you are always at risk from many eventualities, for instant malicious damage to your premises, theft of stock via a burglary or employees, damage by storm, flood or fire could seriously threaten your business.
To ensure your retailer insurance offers the best cover, check out these points:
- List your business electronics, like computers, lap tops, printers, scanners, telephones. Check the sum insured under the policy is adequate to cover all your assets including stock fluctuations.
- Shop insurance is unlikely to cover the value of your data and specialist software – just the hard drive that stores the information, so back up online to a remote server. Those hard drives will go down at some time anyway, so online backups are a sensible precaution. Computer cover can often be included under a shop package- check your cover
- Check your locks, bar the windows and look for weak-spots that are out of sight that burglars can exploit. Fit CCTV and PIN code locks for extra peace of mind. Your policy will require a minimum level of security- make sure you can comply.
Typical features our Shop Insurance Packages may include cover in respect of;-
- Stock including seasonal increases
- Contents & computer equipment ( including computer breakdown & book debts)
- Glass & signage
- Money & assault
- Goods in transit
- Legal Liabilities
– Commercial Legal Expenses
- Work away from the premises
- Industry specific covers such as loss of licence, hair & beauty treatment risks
- No Claims Discount
- Business Interruption
- Loss of metered water
- Engineering breakdown cover in respect of essential items such as tills