Five Good Reasons Why Your Farm Needs Business Interruption Insurance
Business Interruption Insurance
Business interruption insurance ensures minimal disruption to your business operations and financials following an unforeseen incident. In this article, Thomas Carroll Countryside provide five good reasons why you should consider this cover for your farm;
1) Business interruption cover secures the future of your farm. The insurance covers you for lost income during periods when you can’t carry out business as normal following an unexpected incident.
2) Many farming businesses insure for the physical assets such as buildings, livestock and machinery but it is important to consider the financial impacts in maintaining the running of your business.
3) No matter how careful you are, accidents happen and can be out of your control. For example, if heavy machinery is operated or third party deliveries using tipper-lorries take place on a regular basis, the risk of accidental property damage is greater.
4) Due to restriction orders, you may not be able to move your livestock to an alternative location in the event of property damage. Business Interruption insurance would cover the cost of temporary livestock housing as well as the replacement of damaged buildings, in order to keep your business operating as usual.
5) Business interruption cover provides you, your family and your supply chain with peace of mind.