Principles of Risk Assessment
This training course can also be run in-house, please contact us for further information.
This highly interactive course will examine the legal duty to assess and manage risk and the procedures for identifying, measuring and evaluating risk in the workplace.
Emphasis is placed on the completion of practical risk assessment exercises and by the end of the course delegates will understand the theory and practice of hazard identification and risk assessment.
Upon successful completion of the course, delegates will be awarded a Thomas Carroll Management Services ’Principles of Risk Assessment’ training certificate.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for anyone responsible for undertaking risk assessments or managing the risk assessment process.
A one day non-residential training workshop.
Course topics include:
- The legal duty to assess and manage risks
- Aspects of the workplace, work activities and processes that need assessment
- Understanding the difference between hazard and risk
- Calculating likelihood and severity
- Persons at risk
- Determining the adequacy of existing precautions and additional precautions required
- Developing safe working procedures
- Requirement for specific risk assessments
- Implementing a risk assessment programme
- Practical exercise
For more information email Lauren Dickinson or call 02920 853794
To book a place or to find our more information about this course please fill in the contact form below.