At Thomas Carroll, we are continuously looking for new and diverse talent to join our growing team. You can view our current vacancies below. With offices in Swansea, Pembrokeshire, Newport, Hereford and London in addition to our HQ in Caerphilly, we offer local opportunities at all levels. Browse our ‘Stage to Thrive’ employee booklet and find out why the insurance industry is a good career option below, or read more about who we are here.
*Please note that applications via Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this position*
We are seeking an account broker to join our private clients team, based in Caerphilly.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 12 months experience in personal lines and either be Cert II qualified or working towards this.
Our award winning group is committed to the development and well-being of our employees. We believe in a trusting partnership, provide full training programmes in return for rewards of a favourable employee benefits package, the offer of a share in the group and financial assistance with professional qualifications.
Summary of main responsibilities and activities:
• Undertake client file and record audits against TC procedures, report findings and produce management information.
• Interaction with prospects and clients to collect and collate information in respect of new business enquiries, renewals and mid-term adjustments.
• Preparation of presentations and submissions to insurers and suppliers.
• Negotiate policy terms, conditions, premium and income.
• Review market results, analyse information gathered and undertake sufficient research, to make suitable insurer and product recommendations and demonstrate competency by explaining the extent of cover.
• Production and presentation of new business quotation and renewal terms.
• Provide advice to clients and prospects on an ongoing basis in respect of current insurance policies and additional insurance products for consideration.
• Arrange cover to comply with the client instructions.
• Process new business, renewal and mid-term adjustments efficiently, effectively and in accordance with FCA and Thomas, Carroll procedures.
• Check all documentation for accuracy before issuing to clients or appropriate parties.
• Review management information and reports as necessary, ensuring that the appropriate action is taken.
• Debt management work to ensure premiums and fees are collected and allocated appropriately and keep line manager informed of any current, potential or perceived problems with bad debts.
• Assist the Finance Team with any accounting queries, the allocation of cash received and settlement of accounts.
• Maintain accurate client and prospect records.
• Build good working relationships with insurers, clients and prospects.
Key skills include:
• Excellent planning & prioritisation.
• Ability to sell.
• Standard excel capability.
• Acturis user (preferred).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to adapt to continuous change.
• Ability to work independently or within a team.
• Flexibility is key as the role is very diverse.
We are seeking experienced financial advisers to join our award winning team. We are also interested to hear from any Financial Advisers who are looking to merge or sell their business.
Salary based on experience.
Benefits and details to apply can be found below.
To apply for any of the positions listed above, send your CV and covering letter to Julie Waters via post or email, referencing the job name and location you are interested in.
Julie Waters Dip CII
HR & Compliance Director
Thomas, Carroll Group plc
Click here to email Julie Waters
We believe happy and healthy employees are vital to the success of any business and pride ourselves on rewarding our employees with great benefits, these include: