With the devastating damage through South Wales and Herefordshire over the weekend, many of our customers have suffered flood damage to their property.
The Thomas Carroll claims team has been working throughout the weekend with insurers to ensure a rapid and appropriate response to the situation. We are well prepared for such major events and have our teams ready to support you when you need us.
After the clear up has taken place we will be working with every affected customer individually to ensure the best possible flood cover is achieved moving forward. This is an area of expertise for us.
Our emergency claims team can be contacted on:
During Business Hours:
02920 887733 (9am-5pm)
Out of Hours:
07790 011151 (Helen Love)
07498 932495 (Jon Davies)
07891 241555 (Chris Hackett)
Or contact your Account Executive
In the early days after such an incident, there are some important steps for you to take:
- Take photographs/videos and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Report the incident to Thomas Carroll or directly to your insurer (refer to your policy documents).
- Any emergency work to protect your property from further damage should be undertaken at your own responsibility until such time as we are able to obtain insurer approval.
- Keep receipts/invoices for emergency repairs.
- Do not dispose of damaged property until approved by insurers.
- Assess health and safety at your property and take steps to protect yourself and others.
Our claims team are with you, every step of the way.
For further guidance in preparing for, or dealing with the aftermath of a flood, National Resource Wales and the Association of British Insurers offer a range of guidance:
What to do before, during and after a flood:
Managing flood risk:
5-day flood forecast: