The Met Office has issued a warning for heavy snow across Wales. We are expected to receive 2-5cm of snow, with 10-20cm possible on higher ground. The warning is in place until 9:00pm on Friday 1st February.
Protect Your Property Against Severe Weather
Under the terms of your property policy, you are required, where reasonably practical, to take the appropriate steps to safeguard your property from loss.
Before the arrival of severe weather, we recommend that you take precautions to prevent damage including keeping your heating running and lagging outdoor and garage pipes. Where a property is left unoccupied, either leave the heating on low or isolate the water supply at the mains and arrange for a neighbour to inspect at regular intervals. Your property may be at risk of damage from weight of snow, consider reasonable precautions.
Motorists – avoid all non-essential travel
Motoring organisations are warning that driving conditions are likely to be hazardous for the next few days and, on this basis, recommend that only essential travel is undertaken in the affected areas.
In the event of damage to your property or vehicle:
Insurers will consider cover for the reasonable emergency repair costs incurred to avoid or reduce further loss or damage or, injury to persons.
In the event that you sustain damage to your property, we recommend that you:
- Take immediate precautions to mitigate further damage
- Take photographs before removing or repairing the affected areas
- Record and retain invoices/costs incurred with repairs as these may form part of your claim.
- Notify Thomas Carroll at the earliest opportunity via firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the event that you require assistance following property damage or a motor incident during office hours, please contact your dedicated Claims Executive or alternatively, telephone 02920 887733 for assistance.
For assistance with an emergency outside of office hours, please contact our Claims team, Jonathan Davies on 07498 932495 or Claire Richards on 07498 932475. Please refer to your Policy documents for Emergency procedures.