Underinsurance is a growing problem, with many businesses failing to accurately estimate the level of insurance cover required to protect all assets and costs associated with recovery following a serious event. This could mean that in the event of a claim, your insurance provider might not cover you for the entire loss, which could leave your business seriously out of pocket.
As with all insurances, the responsibility for establishing the level of cover you require lies with the policyholder, therefore it is imperative that you insure your business for the correct amount and keep your insurer up to date when things change.
In this webinar, we delved deeper into the perils of underinsurance and what you can do to safeguard your business now and in the future, should you suffer a loss.
Gareth Cotty, Managing Director, Thomas Carroll Brokers
Gareth joined Thomas Carroll in 2003 and joined the board of directors in 2012, and was appointed as Managing Director in 2018. Having started his career in 1995 as a commercial underwriter, Gareth moved to the broking sector in 1997 initially with HSBC and latterly with Marsh, regularly city-based advising a number of global risks, financial institutions and manufacturing risks on insurance, risk management and due diligence requirements. Gareth has developed a wealth of commercial insurance and risk management expertise having spent the majority of his career working in and around a wide range of finance, commercial and manufacturing sectors.
Chris Hackett, Senior Claims Executive, Thomas Carroll Group
Chris is a Construction Manager and Chartered Loss Adjuster bringing significant technical experience to the claims team at Thomas Carroll through his management of property, business interruption, construction and marine claims. Chris has experience with multi-million pound losses and places his focus on achieving the best result for our clients.
If you missed our webinar, you can watch the recording here:
Since the start of the pandemic, we have been running a series of webinars. If you missed them, you can find the recordings below:
- How Investing Has Evolved to Boost Sustainability
- How COVID-19 Has Impacted Workplace Wellbeing and Mental Health
- Building a Resilient Business in 2021 and Beyond
- Wealth Management – Investment Markets in 2020 and Beyond
- Preparing for Post COVID-19 Property & Construction Risks
- COVID-19 & Wealth Management
- Employment Law: Challenges of Making Redundancies
- Safeguarding the Most Valuable Asset in a Business – Key Person Protection
- Cyber Security and COVID-19
- COVID-19 and Employment Law – All You Need to Know
- COVID-19 Support for You and Your Employees
- COVID-19 Return to Work Health and Safety Guide
If there is a a particular topic you are interested in hearing more about, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.