Do you have finance, contract hire or lease on your car?

General Asset Protection (GAP) insurance is designed to provide you with complete peace of mind.

In the event of a total loss (write off) due to fire, theft, accident or accidental damage, GAP insurance will cover the shortfall between the value of the car at the time and what’s left on your finance.

Don’t forget, if you have financed your car via a personal contract hire, because you are not the owner of the car, the new car replacement cover provided by your motor insurance policy does not apply.

Our GAP insurance products can benefit you in all kinds of situations:

1.       New or used vehicle

2.       Buying a vehicle from a dealer or privately

3.       Buying a vehicle on finance or personal lease

4.       Even in the situation where you did not buy GAP cover straight away, we can still provide top up cover in the case of a total loss.

You can get a quote online for GAP insurance from our selected insurance partner, Choose Your Insurance (trading name of Virtual Insurance Products Ltd). You will now be leaving the Thomas Carroll website. This is a non-advised purchase and terms and conditions of sale should be checked and agreed before proceeding to purchase cover.