Choose from the following categories or use the search to view our Q&As below

What should I include under my contents cover?
Contents insurance covers items that are not part of your home, but within your home, such as furniture, valuables, and even carpets and curtains. In your policy, it’s good practice to include anything that you would take with you if you were to move house. Make sure you are not underinsured by putting a new value on everything.
What is home insurance?

Home insurance has two parts, of which you can choose one or both depending on your needs.

The first part is building cover and it protects your home in the event of a fire and damage. The second is contents insurance and it protects your belongings in the event of theft, loss and damage.

To protect their investment, having buildings cover in place is usually a requirement for most mortgage lenders. If you are renting, although you probably won’t need buildings cover, it’s worth considering having contents insurance in case something is lost or stolen and you need a replacement.

What happens when the owner of a house becomes deceased and the property is unoccupied?
Once the house becomes unoccupied for more than 60 days, the insurer will restrict cover and additionally ask you to comply with certain requirements. This can vary between insurers.
Who are Premium Credit?
Premium Credit provide a convenient way to collect your monthly instalments by the way of a loan agreement and settle your insurance premium in full to Thomas Carroll. All insurance-related queries about your policy will be handled by Thomas Carroll.
Will I get a refund if I cancel my home insurance?
If you cancel your home insurance, a refund will be allowed providing you have not made a claim in the current period of insurance.
Is my fence covered for storm damage?
Whilst your home is covered for storm damage, any damage to gates, fences or hedges are specifically excluded in these situations.
What is an excess?
An excess applies to most types of insurance policies and will vary. This is the amount you must pay in the event of a claim and this will be shown on your policy schedule. Your excess will either be deducted from the settlement of your claim or collected from you from the appointed supplier or garage.